It is vital to break the Form in multiple pages to make it convenient for users. It is quite easy to create multipage forms in WordPress rather than generating steps in a single the long Form. It would help to increase the conversion rate as visitors can find it easy to understand the Form.
Multipage Form can help to get the focus of users on the particular area. Also, it would make it easy to collect the information form users based on different pages. Dividing a long-form will help to get information from users as needed. If you too are looking to create multipage forms in WordPress, follow the below mentioned process:
1. Create a form
- You need to create the Form in WordPress and for that install and activate the required WPForms plugin.
- To create a new form, go to “Add New” option from WPForms.
You will be in “Setup” Form where give a name to the Form and select template based on the type of Form you are about to create.
- It would create the Form with the selected template, and now you will have drag /drop builder screen. It would help to add additional fields in the Form by dragging from left pane to the right.
- It is possible to make changes in the field that are available in the Form. It also gives the option to rearrange the Form as per your requirement.
2. Split the Form
- After adding all the fields in the Form it’s time to split in different pages. To create a multipage, you need to add the page break option by dragging from left panel to the right.
- Page break must be placed where you want to split the Form. There is no limitation on the usage of page break but make sure do not overuse it.
3. Customize progress Bar
It is essential to let users know about different section in the Form. So, the progress bar is the best option that will show users how much is still left to complete the Form.
There are three different types of indicator in WordPress that would help to know about the progress. These indicators are as follows:
- Circles: It will show the circle along with page title. So, users would know how many pages are being filled, and further how many pages are left.
- Connectors: It shows connecting bar along with the page title in multi-part Form.
- Progress Bar: It shows the simple progress based on the Form filled by users.
To add progress in the page, follow mentioned types:
- Click on the “First Page” break section which will open a new page in your screen.
- It would allow selecting the progress for the Form that you want to use along with the option to change the colour of it. This Form editor would allow you to change the page title as per the fields present in it.
- Click on the page break option to customize the title of the best page and the button.
- You have the option to allow users to see the previous page. To enable this feature in the Form, use the toggle option “Display Previous”.
- Lastly, click on “save” to apply all the changes in the Form.
You may like to read these also,
4. Configure form settings
To configure settings in the Form, click on Settings -> General. It allows you to set the following options:
- Submit Button Text: This option allows to change the text on the submit button.
- Form Name: The name of the form should represent the details inside. So, with this option, you can give an appropriate name to the Form.
- AJAX Forms: It would enable the AJAX Settings without reloading the page.
- Form Description: To help users know about the Form, you can add a short description.
- Spam Prevention: By default, the anti-span option is enabled in the Form. It would help to stop Form spam with the Google reCAPTCHA and its p to you whether you want in your Form or not.
- GDPR Enhancements: You can restrict storing entry information like user agents or IP address in the database.
Once you have done with all the changes, click on “Save” to apply to the Form.
5. Configure Notifications
Notifications are the best way to know when a new form is submitted to the site. By default, WordPress has the option to send an email to you whenever a new order form is submitted.
“SmartTags” option would allow sending a notification to the user’s email address about a successful transaction. It will assure visitors that they have gone through every step and Form is submitted successfully. It is imperative while filling the multi-part Form to give assurance to users.
You can even add a custom header to the email sent to the user as a way of promotion. To do this follow https://wpforms.com/docs/how-to-add-custom-header-image-in-your-wpforms-email-template/
6. Form Confirmation
Form confirmation is one of the easy that would help users to get redirected after submission. The three type of Form conformations are:
- Message: A simple message would be displayed to let visitors know that Form is submitted successfully.
- Redirect URL: It will redirect users to a different website.
- Show Page: It will redirect visitors to the particular page on the website. Mostly it is redirected to the “Thank you” page.
To do so, click on Settings -> Conformation.
Select the type of confirmation from the drop-down menu and customize it as your requirement. Lastly, click on the Save to apply conformations.
7. Add Form to the Website
At last, you need to add the multipage create Form to the website. So, for this, create a new page or post in WordPress where your new Form would be added.
- You can see the blank area below the title of the Form, and there you need to click the first block.
- Then click on the Worm icon that will open the widget. You need to select the Form that you have already created from the drop-down list.
- Click on the “Publish” button that is in the upper right corner of the page to make Form appear on your website.
In all, creating a Multipage WordPress form is quite simple, and everyone can make it possible. So, improve the user experience and get to see more visitors to your site with it. Follow the step-by-step procedure to create a multipage form for your website.