Today many Non-profit organizations are creating online donations to help the needy people. The main aim of these organizations is to collect a good amount of donations through online processes to benefit the lives of other people. There are various ways to create online donation forms but if you are looking for the simplest way among all WordPress is the best solution.
Steps to create online donation Forms;
#1. Create the donation form
- First to start with online donation form you need to install and activate WPforms plugin.
- On successful activation go to WPforms -> Add new form ->Name the form and select the template for donation.
- This would create an online donation form for the organization.
#2. Customize the form
- The form has basic fields like name, email, donation amount, message. But if you want there is an option to add other fields by dragging them from left panel to right panel.
- Once you have dropped the filed in your form, change the name and also can rearrange the order as you like.
- Initially, the form has a single field to enter amount but if you wish there is an option to have Multiple form fields for payment.
- So change the label and also enter the different donation amounts in each item. You can add one more item where the donor can enter the donation amount. You need to check the “Required” checkbox to select the donation amount from the list.
- The form also needs to have a single item field when the donor selects “Enter Amount”. In this situation, you need to uncheck the required checkbox to allow uses to enter the donation amount.
- Next move to “Conditionals” where you need to check on “Enable Conditional logic”. You need to select “Show this field” option if the amount is entered by the donor.
- It allows donors to donate by entering the amount or selecting the amount as mentioned in the multiple items of payment field.
- Lastly, click on the “Save” button to confirm all the customization in the form.
#3. Customize Notifications
It is not possible to have an eye on the website to check if there is any donation or not. So, have a notification where an email will be sent every time a notification is done on your website. The donor would also get a notification on their email regarding the donation. To customize notification, follow the given process:
- Click on settings -> Notification -> would have default notification that would be sent to the administrator of the site.
- Next to send a notification to the donor click on “Add New Notification”. Enter the notification name in the popup window and click on “OK”.
- This notification will be sent to the donor’s email address which is been entered in the form. So, click on “Show Smart Tags” and from the list select “Email”.
- You can customize the message that is sent to the donor. For this scroll down to enter the message in the window and lastly save all the changes.
#4. Configure payment settings
- WordPress online forms have various payment options like PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.Net.
- Go to your form and install the payment add-on.
- Click on the “Payments” tab and set up for a particular payment mode. Here we are doing it with PayPal and so just follow below-mentioned steps:
- In your donation form click on the checkbox” Enable PayPal Standard Payments”.
- Next enter the email address for your PayPal account.
- Initially, for the testing form, you must choose the production mode. Once it works perfectly go for the Sandbox mode of PayPal. The form must have “Donation” as the payment type.
- Mention certain UTL so that on unsuccessful payment donor would be redirected to the particular site.
- In the “Shipping” option you can set based on your preference.
- Lastly, it’s you to decide whether to include notes for buyers or not. If yes, then enable the checkbox else not.
- “Save” all the changes that have been done and make your form ready to accept payment from donors.
You may like to read,
#5. Add donation form to the Website
- Once you have created your donation form add it to your WordPress site.
- There are various options where you can add your donation form like pages, blog posts or even in the sidebar widgets.
- First, create a new post or page and click on “Add Form”.
- You will find a modal popup where the “Non-profit Donation Form” must be selected. After selecting click on the “Add Form” button.
- Lastly, publish the created form or page to make it visible on your WordPress site. You can also add any text or image on the page before publishing it.
- It is advisable to add this donation page on the Navigation menu so that visitors can easily find the donation option.
Benefits of WordPress donation forms
- WordPress online donation forms make it easy for supporters to give out donations to the non-profit organization.
- It has customized fields that will help to say connected with donors and thus make a strong connection.
- Payment integration is quite simple with WordPress forms that make easy management of donations.
- The user-friendly interface along with attractive templates and plugins makes it easy to manage everything.
So, if you too are willing to have any donation page for your non-profit organization WordPress is the best option. Follow the process and create your donation form for the WordPress site and get connected to donors.